Rita@thissortaoldlife Monday, October 29th, 2012 at 10:04 am |

What I love about your blog is that it’s written by (and for) real people. I love that your photos aren’t styled to death. I mean, I appreciate a beautiful photo as much as anyone. And I love some blogs just because they are full of fun eye-candy. But I really appreciate you showing us a realistic and meaningful way to share good times with the people we care about in a way that feels do-able to someone like me (busy and not particularly talented in the home arts). Looks like you had a wonderful evening.
    Rita@thissortaoldlife recently posted..15 Minute Friday: A tidier bookcaseMy Profile

2. Nicole-Lynn 3
    Nicole-Lynn Monday, October 29th, 2012 at 12:09 pm |

What a nice blog you have! New follower!
    Nicole-Lynn recently posted..Homemade Dog TreatsMy Profile

Annie Kip Monday, October 29th, 2012 at 1:23 pm |

I love your dinner group! I have been meaning to start one in my neighborhood. It is really hard to keep the group small and everyone is used to including kids for all of our parties – but this may be the time to try something new. The kids are starting to have their own plans! Do you break apart the veggies in the seafood stew after they are cooked or serve as is? Looks like a great evening!
    Annie Kip recently posted..SurvivalistMy Profile

4. Heidi 7
    Heidi Monday, October 29th, 2012 at 4:58 pm |

That is such a beautiful pie – I bet they love seeing the photo on your blog. Your dinner party group sounds like so much fun.

We don’t quite have the ability to do the same – our best friends are flung all over the province, but we do have a party in the summer and another on the same weekend in November every year. It’s always at our house, but we are a good central location and love to do it. Entertaining at home always seems like a nicer alternative to eating out – you re sharing parts of your life with your friends.
    Heidi recently posted..scary halloween chocolate spidersMy Profile

5. Heidi 9
    Heidi Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 at 8:32 am |

It started years ago – my husband has been a volunteer with Ducks Unlimited for many years, and we have a group of friends that come down for the weekend to attend a fundraising banquet each year. They stay for the weekend and we have a dinner party/early Christmas gathering every year – the second last weekend of November. It gives up something to look forward to in November. And an excuse to clean the house top to bottom.
    Heidi recently posted..scary halloween chocolate spidersMy Profile

6. Kristen 10
    Kristen Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 at 11:38 am |

I love a good shrimp boil!
    We used to host a monthly dinner club. This makes me want to get back to doing that. I miss it so much!
    Kristen recently posted..Saying Goodbye to a FavoriteMy Profile