1. femmefrugality 1
    femmefrugality Monday, October 15th, 2012 at 5:09 pm |

Oh, I love home made weddings! Those announcements look A-MAZING. Congrats, Mary!
    femmefrugality recently posted..Student Deals and DiscountsMy Profile

1. Sara Tetreault 2
      Sara Tetreault Monday, October 15th, 2012 at 7:46 pm |

Thank you from my sister, FemmeFrugality! They look super cute and she did such a nice a job. The homemade angle really adds a nice touch and she can use those supplies over and over. Maybe she’ll use them for a baby announcement someday even ;)

2. Kris 3
    Kris Tuesday, October 16th, 2012 at 9:26 am |

Lovely!

This is anecdotal–but it seems to me that people who have simple weddings end up more happily married! Sometimes I think that young couples (especially brides) are more focused on the “perfect wedding” than on building a future together. Wishing you the best.

1. Sara Tetreault 4
      Sara Tetreault Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 at 3:59 pm |

Kris, my mom has a similar theory to this line of thinking! I think there is something to it…;)
      There is something to be said for focusing on getting married rather just the wedding itself. Simple really helps keep the focus where it should be.
      Thanks, Kris!

3. Mary Hopkins 5
    Mary Hopkins Tuesday, October 16th, 2012 at 5:27 pm |

Thanks, ladies! The handmade theme and work was WELL worth it! :)
    Mary Hopkins recently posted..Knitting and Quilting Mash!My Profile

4. Minnie@thelady8home 6
    Minnie@thelady8home Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 at 5:41 pm |

There is something about doing little things for your won wedding that makes it forever special – much much more than expensive locales and fancy dresses. Loved the post. Wishing your sister all the best and a very happy married life.
    Minnie@thelady8home recently posted..To Beirut – A Lebanese Gem in Boston suburbsMy Profile

1. Sara Tetreault 7
      Sara Tetreault Thursday, October 18th, 2012 at 9:50 am |

Minnie, you are so right! What nice wishes for my sister, too. She’s so sweet and married a super nice guy. He’s always the first one to laugh at himself, which is a great trait to have.
      Thanks for leaving a comment, Minnie!

5. Eynar Oxartum 8
    Eynar Oxartum Saturday, November 3rd, 2012 at 4:37 pm |

Thanks for sharing this! We are looking for ideas to make something different. It would be much easier (and expensive) to give up and make a “regular” wedding… but the “creative” way is much more interesting.
    Eynar Oxartum recently posted..Snail reproduction and mollusc birth controlMy Profile

6. Hasold 9
    Hasold Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 at 5:58 am |

Thanks for useful guide! I’m planning a wedding so I’m looking for an information like this one , trying to organise all the necessary things like announcements, flowers etc. With flowers, it seems, it will be all ok, I’ve found http://megaflowers.com/ this company, will order there.