This was an easy home organization weekly project clean out for me. It’s jewelry week and I needed an easy week. After the last few weeks, all this de-cluttering and reducing has worn me out! Plus, I’m gearing up for the garage, basement, and my sewing area. Those areas are major and may require several weeks of updates. I’ve also decided to organize a garage sale on my block which I swore I wouldn’t do. Oh well.
For me, there aren’t many jewels – aside from my wedding and engagement rings. Okay and a pair of earrings but basically that’s it. My style is pretty basic and simple.
That’s why it’s easy for me to home swap – I don’t have a lot of jewels or precious items. Well, the people who live here are my treasures, but that’s it.
Home Organization Project Week #19
- Weekly. This week’s project: Jewelry.
- Small. This was small. I feel like I’m still recovering from my closet clean out – ok, I know I said that last week but I’m scrambling to get out of town here!
- Clear and clean. Yes, everything is getting a thorough once over from my lovely assistant – my daughter. I’m keeping items that I’m emotionally attached to, but the rest – and especially things I haven’t worn in years, are out of here.
- Get set. For me, I wear the same items and that’s what I like. Jewelry isn’t my thing – really – cashmere sweaters – yes! my thing!
- Pack it out. Maybe sell at my garage sale? Maybe just giveaway? Not sure but I’ll find someone for items to go to.
- Stop buying. This is less of a problem because ‘gift giving’ has really slowed down in my life. I like poems recited to me for my birthday and vegetable gardens planted. That’s it. Tears and food – that’s what I like.
- Less is more. Less is more except maybe diamonds. Look, if my husband came through the front door with diamonds, I’d accept them with open arms. In our current stage of life – college on the horizon and self-employment today – that’s not likely to happen.
Maybe you have more jewelry than me and maybe not. Make this an easy week. We’ll get back to tackling a harder area next week, right?
Are you a jewelry person or not? How’s your weekly home organization project coming along?
Go Gingham related links:
Gingham style: It’s got a definition
How to make a waistband smaller without pins!
How to turn jeans into capris – easier than you think!
How to make skinny jeans from wide leg jeans – make your own “jeggings”
Holiday attire that’s all used clothing – frugal and fancy to wear!