Do you ever have a week where all of your best laid plans get hijacked? That was my week. All week, I’ve been trying to get down to my sewing studio to get it organized but it never happened.
Here’s what happened instead:
- My daughter got her wisdom teeth pulled on Monday. Brad and I felt like we had a newborn again – up at night with pain medication, making all of her meals – blending them, first – making sure she was breathing in her sleep. She swelled up so badly, it was hard to recognize her!
- Because my sweet patient (Truth: I like it when my kids are sick or post-tooth extraction. They adore me and let me hug them and say thank you!) knew she’d be recuperating, she had reserved all 4 seasons of ‘Downton Abbey’ from the library and I had to catch up on some of those. Clearly, I slept through several episodes! These shows have been a family favorite to watch. My daughter pointed out that her face was so puffed up, she now looked like Mr. Bates. True.
- Thanks to my high school friend and fellow blogger, Erin (A Week or A Weekend), on Monday I found out that our 30-year high school reunion was THIS Friday. As in tonight!!
- Then, our dear friend from college was in town with her daughter and their friends. Yep, dinner here last night. We made an easy dinner – Mexican Pulled Pork and Cole Slaw with a Kick – but bought tortillas and salsas from our favorite market.
- After no real progress from our patient and her wisdom teeth getting pulled, we called the oral surgeon with her status – also known as ‘symptoms.’ Back to the oral surgeon for two different types of antibiotics for infections in both of her lower gums from the extraction! The poor thing.
Finally, this afternoon, I went downstairs, looked at my complete mess and thought, “This sewing studio is not happening today.” We changed gears and cleaned out the cabinet that holds workout clothes. It took 10-minutes.
After hanging all of the shorts and long running tights – there were plenty of hangers after the closet re-do. We sorted through all of our t-shirts. We both agreed (mostly I agreed with myself) that we don’t need more t-shirts – even if they are free!
We got rid of 12-t-shirts that may become washcloths, cleaning rags or mop covers. We’ll see…
So, there’s my week. Look for the sewing studio to get under control next week. Right now, I’m off to my reunion!
How was your week? Do you have a wisdom teeth story?
More related links:
My friend Sheila, who writes the blog Eat to Gather, has a round up of Smoothies and Shakes. It seems both of her older kids had their wisdom teeth pulled this week, too. I tried to organize that myself but my son’s wisdom teeth come out next month. More Mr. Bates in my future!
52 weeks of home organization