To celebrate their milestone – 30 years of growing organic greens and goodness – Earthbound Farm is having a birthday party! To celebrate, they’ve come up with a fun quiz complete with prizes! Thanks to Earthbound Farm for helping me share this with you.
Earthbound Farm is turning 30-years-old and to celebrate, they’re having a party – and sharing their gifts with us! To commemorate this milestone, they’ve come up with a quiz to determine what your salad sign is. Honestly, this sounded a little mood-ring-ish and horoscope-y to Miss Practical here – “hey baby, tell me your sign and I’ll tell you mine” – type of thing, but then I took the quiz and answered all the fun questions. The answer came to what I am: ‘The Nurturer.’
This made me laugh because that’s me – a nurturer! How am I nurturing? Let me count the ways…
- To myself: exercising regularly, getting enough sleep, and getting away from a screen regularly. Making sure I have time to volunteer and connect with friends is so nurturing for me. Don’t forget – we need to nurture ourselves!
- To my family: caring for my husband/kids – and making a meal plan – for us to eat healthy, organic whole foods – it can be done even on a budget! (Learn how to eat organic + healthy on a budget.) Meal planning our dinners means that no matter what got eaten during the day – or not – dinner is the equalizer. At our dinner meal, there’s always a green salad, roasted vegetables or sauteed greens.
- To the environment: thinking about how my actions impact the earth and making purchasing decisions that help reduce the amount of trash we generate. Using cloth napkins in our kitchen (learn how we switched from paper to cloth) and ditching the paper towels (learn how we transitioned to cloth towels) keeps us clean without the waste.
- To my backyard chickens: yes, those backyard chickens are crazy creatures but they know I’m their ‘person’ and they get to help me garden and eat bugs. When I’ve got pepper seeds, salmon skin, and Parmesan cheese rinds – these girls always come running!
You can take the quiz HERE and find out what your salad sign is. Plus, get a coupon (yes, coupons for healthy food!) and enter to win a limited-edition reusable shopping bag and other “mystery” prizes throughout the month.
Each of the salad signs comes with a recipe for your salad sign. It’s okay if you make all of the recipes…they all look delicious! Download the commemorative “Salad Sign” art card with Salad-in-a-Jar recipes.
- The Innovator: Farro Salad with Arugula Edamame & Tomato Vinaigrette
- The Champion: Power Summer Salad with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- The Nurturer: Roasted Beet Salad with Walnuts & Feta Cheese
- The Explorer: Soba Noodles with Peanut Dressing
Nationwide quiz results will be compiled to reveal the Salad Sign personality traits. I can’t wait to see the results!
Now you know my salad sign. What’s your salad sign?
Go Gingham related links:
Carrot and kale salad – tasty and so good for lunch – or dinner
Chicken noodle soup – packed with spinach and heart-warming vegetables
So simple chicken curry salad – easy with lots of kick to it!
Once-a-month garbage collection less trash and more recycling
You may fall in love with backyard chickens like we did!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Earthbound Farm Organic. Thank you for supporting brands that help support Go Gingham. Sign up for Earthbound Farm’s “Organic Bound” – an online community of happier, healthier living filled with ideas + recipes + coupons. This is being disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s guidelines.