I’m so excited for my friend, Amie Valpone, who is launching her cookbook this week! Cooking whole foods at home is the only way to get and stay healthy and Amie has spent 10-years doing just that – and solving her chronic illness. In her book, Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation and Reset Your Body, she shares her secrets.
Amie and I met years ago at a blogger conference. We’ve also worked together on several projects for Earthbound Farm Organic. Amie is believer in not only eating healthy + clean but also making your own cleaning products. You could say we’re on the same “page” for living + eating well to improve your health.
Plus, Amie is adorable! She and I used to work for the same company – Polo/Ralph Lauren. Of course, not at the same time. When I began working for Uncle Ralphie (as we fondly refer to him around here), Amie was in the third grade! So, let’s not do the math on that.
Amie is sharing a recipe from her book. I hope you’ll make it.
- 4 nori seaweed sheets
- ¼ small head red cabbage very thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 small yellow summer squash, julienned
- 1 small cucumber, julienned
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 recipe Spicy Tahini Drizzle
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ¼ tablespoons chickpea miso paste
- 1 tablespoon raw tahini
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Water, as needed to thin the drizzle
- Place the nori sheets on a flat surface.
- Divide the cabbage, carrot, squash, cucumber, and avocado among the sheets.
- Top each pile of vegetables with a heaping tablespoon of the Spicy Tahini Drizzle, and then roll up the nori sheets into a tube shape.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the water in a blender. Blend, adding water 1 teaspoon at a time as you go, until the mixture becomes a thin sauce.
I hope you’ll check out Amie’s book. She’s worked really hard to get herself healthy and to put together this book. Go check it out!
Good luck, Amie – xoxo!!