Rita@thissortaoldlife Thursday, December 13th, 2012 at 9:30 pm |

Another gluten-free option might be Udi’s bread. It’s almost like real bread, and I’m guessing would be just fine in this recipe.
    Rita@thissortaoldlife recently posted..DIY Sweater Slippers<span class=”subtitle”>1 library book + 2 thrifted sweaters = Repurposed handmade goodness</span>My Profile

2. Karen 3
    Karen Friday, December 14th, 2012 at 4:32 am |

We always had home-made yeast-raised cinnamon rolls at Christmas. Can almost taste them now!

Annie Kip Friday, December 14th, 2012 at 4:53 am |

This looks great! I don’t know if my kids will eat it, but I may make a half-batch and have it ready, because I know I will love it! I usually have rolls or something simple ready, but this would be a more balanced meal. Thanks!!!
    Annie Kip recently posted..Make Yourself HappyMy Profile

4. Amy @ Frugal Mama 7
    Amy @ Frugal Mama Friday, December 14th, 2012 at 2:28 pm |

You read my mind, Sara! I have a spinach strata already prepared and in the freezer for Christmas morning. And I was in fact thinking I needed to pair it with yummy pastries, and how to get them fresh on Christmas morning? Might have to make those ahead of time too. Are the cinnamon rolls difficult?

Your pictures are always so beautiful, Sara, and your daughter truly is a star for making this dish ahead of time for you.
    Amy @ Frugal Mama recently posted..3 Fantastic Gifts that You Can Easily Make at the Last MinuteMy Profile

5. Cathy @ Noble Pig 9
    Cathy @ Noble Pig Friday, December 14th, 2012 at 8:54 pm |

Yummy! Does the spinach make it watery at all or does the bread just soak it all up?
    Cathy @ Noble Pig recently posted..Sinfully Decadent Spaghetti Squash BakeMy Profile

6. Michelle 11
    Michelle Tuesday, December 18th, 2012 at 9:02 am |

I have been contemplating my options for a Christmas Eve brunch egg dish to go with ham, and had bypassed strata because we’ll be having a gluten-free guest. But I LOVE your potato idea (my favorite “vegetable”). About how many potatoes for the 9×13 pan? Make several and cover the bottom of the dish, like the bread?
    Merry Christmas, Sara!

7. Fancy Nancy 13
    Fancy Nancy Saturday, January 12th, 2013 at 7:33 pm |

I noticed a reference to bread machines in this post. I bought a used breadmaker ($2) at a college sorority yard sale.
    It has dual pans, making one or two 1-lb. loaves. Or a pan can be used to make jam (recipes included.)
    The smaller loaves are more appealing – they get eaten before they go stale!
    Use the delay start cycle, and time the bread to finish at dinner. Use the slow cooker with a timer also, and walk in to fresh bread & soup or stew.
    Or wake up on a holiday or slumber party weekend to fresh raisin bread and stewed apple & prune compote.
    Used appliances are deals, and many were lightly used by original owners…