I like simple salads in the summer, don’t you? This is the quickest ever cucumber salad and one of my favorite recipes because the cucumbers, dill, and tomatoes are straight out of my garden. What could be easier than picking, chopping, and tossing?
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove with 1 teaspoon kosher salt made into paste with a mortar and pestle
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon dill, fresh, minced
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- pepper to taste
- Combine sliced and diced vegetables in a large bowl.
- In separate small bowl, combine dressing ingredients.
- Whisk dressing until thoroughly combined.
- Pour dressing over diced vegetables and toss, gently.
- Serve at room temperature and enjoy.
Cherry tomatoes are my favorite and especially Sungold cherry tomatoes. You can use any tomato in this recipe but sweet tomatoes are the best.
If you want to add a bit more spice, Old Bay seasoning (a favorite of my Maryland born and bred husband!) and red pepper flakes are perfect additions. This salad tastes of summer to me. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite summer salad? What herb do you growing in your garden?