I like simple salads in the summer, don’t you? This is the quickest ever cucumber salad and one of my favorite recipes because the cucumbers, dill, and tomatoes are straight out of my garden. What could be easier than picking, chopping, and tossing?
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove with 1 teaspoon kosher salt [url href=”https://gogingham.com/2013/09/use-mortar-and-pestle/” target=”_blank”]made into paste with a mortar and pestle[/url]
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon dill, fresh, minced
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- pepper to taste
- Combine sliced and diced vegetables in a large bowl.
- In separate small bowl, combine dressing ingredients.
- Whisk dressing until thoroughly combined.
- Pour dressing over diced vegetables and toss, gently.
- Serve at room temperature and enjoy.
Cherry tomatoes are my favorite and especially Sungold cherry tomatoes. You can use any tomato in this recipe but sweet tomatoes are the best.
If you want to add a bit more spice, Old Bay seasoning (a favorite of my Maryland born and bred husband!) and red pepper flakes are perfect additions. This salad tastes of summer to me. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite summer salad? What herb do you growing in your garden?
Go Gingham related links:
Shrimp and quinoa salad – a summer favorite
How to roast red peppers or food you’re supposed to burn
How to roast tomatoes freshly picked from the garden – so good!
4 thoughts on “Quickest Ever Cucumber Salad”
I needed a good cucumber salad recipe. Thanks, Sara!
Vanessa, you’ll love it! It’s super easy and when everything is fresh from the garden – it’s even better. Hope you’re enjoying summer!! 🙂
Love “cooking” straight from the garden! And salads are perefct with all this hot, hot weather we’re having. I think that might be a great topping for fish tacos, too. Yum!
Oh, that would be tasty on fish tacos! What time is dinner? 😉
We got our first tomatoes from the garden last week…the best!
Comments are closed.