‘Tis the dipping time of year, isn’t it? Usually dip recipes are too rich for digging in with a spoon but not this one. It’s got all the favorites – artichokes, Parmesan cheese, and sour cream – but lots of health, too. With cauliflower and spinach in the dip, no one even notices how healthy this recipe actually is!
Enjoy it with veggies, crackers, or sliced bread.
- ½ head cauliflower
- 1 can of artichokes (about 14 ounces) or 6 hearts, rinsed
- 1 cup spinach, tightly packed
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream or mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (juice of ½ lemon)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Core cauliflower head and cut into small pieces. In a large pot with a steamer basket, steam cauliflower for about 15 minutes or until a fork goes through all pieces. Let cool.
- Place garlic cloves in food processor and pulse.
- Add ½ head of cauliflower (about ½ - 2 cups) to food processor. Add remaining ingredients to garlic and cauliflower.
- Process until smooth.
- Taste, adjust seasoning, and add red pepper flakes if desired.
- Place in glass container with tight fitting lid and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Make a double batch and take one to a party but then enjoy one at home, too.
I used Earthbound Farm spinach and cauliflower in this recipe. Also, look for frozen artichokes in the freezer section of your grocery store. I found out our store carries them by accident. Usually I buy canned artichokes but now I’m only buying them frozen. Less waste and no BHT in the can. (Here’s why I’m trying to ditch cans.)
So don’t feel guilty when eating this dip with veggies or spreading it on crackers. You’re eating vegetables.
What’s your favorite dip to eat at this time of year – or any time of year!