Oh, this cheddar curry cheese spread is a dip that is too good. I hadn’t made it in years but when my kids started asking about it, I thought it was time to trot it back out. It’s bold and flavorful – and the color makes it a nice addition to any appetizer spread.
Be forewarned – you’ll be breathing garlic after you’ve enjoyed this. Remember when my daughter told me how smelly my breath was during church after eating spicy hummus? Yep, that kind of garlic and spice, but it’s yummy!
Cheddar Curry Cheese Spread
It’s a treat – and not something we make very often. I like it with low-fat mayonnaise and not the fully loaded mayonnaise version.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- In a [url href=”https://gogingham.com/2013/09/use-mortar-and-pestle/” target=”_blank” title=”Kitchen Tip: How to Use a Mortar and Pestle”]mortar and pestle[/url], combine garlic cloves with salt and mash.
- In a small bowl, shred cheese.
- Add garlic and salt to bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, curry powder, and green onions to bowl and combine.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with crackers or bread.
You can make this with white or yellow onions but then it doesn’t look as pretty as the green onions do. Plus, then it might be too spicy!
Next time you need to bring an appetizer, make this. It takes less than 20 minutes and will be a hit – I promise!
What’s your favorite cheese dip recipe to bring to a get together?
Go Gingham related links:
So simple chicken curry salad – easy with lots of kick to it!
Roasted garlic spread that’s another great dip or spread
Very easy and tasty white bean dip
Super Bowl Sunday Snacks – healthier versions that are tasty!